Tuesday 18 June 2013

First Steps

13 sets of proud parents and well-wishers watched their children take the first steps on their journey within the Royal Air Force Air Cadets.

Under the Squadron Standard and joined by serving members, they stood tall and marched out to make their promise, "I, Cadet *Full Name*, hereby solemnly promise on my honour to serve my Unit loyally and to be faithful to my obligations as a member of the Air Training Corps. I further promise to be a good citizen and to do my duty to God and the Queen, my Country and my Flag."

Well done and congratulations to Cdt Thompson who was awarded the best recruit on the intake for showing outstanding progress across all areas of the training syllabus. And welcome to all the newly enrolled cadets from the cadets and staff at 218 Rotherham Squadron.


The evening was hosted by Commanding Officer Flt Lt Green and a blessing was given by Plt Off Wright.  The vsitors were invited to the cadet building after the ceremony to enjoy refreshments and to chat with staff and cadets.

No comments:

Post a Comment